Thursday 12 November 2020

Dwarven Endeavour's Goal

    Hello all! Doubtless no one has yet stumbled upon this blog, but I think it is essential to lay out my plans here before continuing, even if it serves only to organize my thoughts.

    I intend to use this blog as a place to host various Dwarf Fortress related material that I plan to write. Primarily, I plan to play Dwarf Fortress and post regular reports of my games progress here along with relevant screenshots. On top of this I will likely post other Dwarf Fortress related content as I become inspired or think of ideas. Currently I've thought of writing tutorials related to Dwarf Fortress, reviews of Dwarf Fortress mods, and comments on things happening in the community such as the upcoming Steam release.

    My inspirations are similar projects that people have written on the Dwarf Fortress Bay 12 games forums, and the work of youtuber "Kruggsmash." Particularly I would like to produce something in the same vein as the well-known string of forum posts detailing the glorious history and eventual violent death of the fortress "BoatMurdered." 

    I think that I will shoot for posting something here at least 1-2 times each week, but we'll see how this develops. I don't have any experience blogging so I'll play it by ear as I get started. Before I start on a main series of game reports I plan on making a post detailing what exactly Dwarf Fortress is for the benefit of the uninitiated.

    All in all I am starting this because I believe that Dwarf Fortress is a bountiful resource with an endless amount of fascinating stories to explore. Any criticisms or suggestions are welcomed!

Kruggsmash Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaifrB5IrvGNPJmPeVOcqBA

BoatMurdered Archive: https://lparchive.org/Dwarf-Fortress-Boatmurdered/Introduction/

Bay 12 Games Forum: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php

2 comments:

  1. Cool, looking forward to reading these

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I assume you didn't mean yo comment this three times, so I'll remove the extra two.

      Delete

Ducimmonag 7 - Harnessing the Beasts

Opal, Year 252           A terribly tragic accident has struck us. Udil the miner fell to his death while working on our new trap hall. This...